In this video I show how to install a pre-built RetroPie image on to your MicroSD Card, HDD or SSD. The process is fairly easy but it can be daunting if you have never done it before. The guide contains everything you need to show how to extract Archive files and the software used, which software to write an image file to your storage and some useful tips on when first booting your Raspberry Pi and RetroPie.
Software You May Need:
- Archive Extractor – WinRAR : https://www.win-rar.com/ or 7-Zip : https://www.7-zip.org/
- Image Writing Software – balenaEtcher : https://www.balena.io/etcher/
Gear used in this video:
- **CHEAP** 1TB SSD I use for RetroPie installs – https://amzn.to/2LGiCqF
- NESPi 4 case – https://amzn.to/3aPLup2 or https://droix.net/collections/retro-gaming-consoles/products/retroflag-nespi-4-case Use the discount code D5AOFF for a discount!
- NESPi 4 case with Raspberry Pi 4 & Micro SD Card – https://droix.net/collections/retro-gaming-consoles/products/retroflag-nespi-4-diy-retro-gaming-kit Use the discount code D5AOFF for a discount!
- DroiX R1 Wireless Gamepad – https://droix.net/collections/rf-2-4ghz-gaming-controllers/products/droix-r1-gamepad – Use the discount code D5AOFF for a discount!