Hu-Boy is a new GameBoy emulator compatible with the PC Engine CD and SuperGrafx consoles. Unfortunately it will not work on the standard PC Engine/TurboGrafx due to them having only 8 KB of main system RAM. The emulator requires 16KB which the CD based systems have, so you will need the CD attachment. I would take a guess and say the PC Engine Duo consoles should work? I would try on mine but it is currently at work for some videos.
Some of the main features of Hu-Boy include:
- All CPU instructions emulated (no guarantees about accuracy!)
- No promises about speed. It’s not fast.
- MBC1 cartridge mapper emulation, supporting cartridges <1 MByte in ROM / <192 KByte for CD-ROM version
- Basic sound emulation (frequency, volume sweep, wave channel and pulse/noise channels)
- DMG BG & sprite palette emulation, with separately adjustable palettes
- Background layer, scrolling, per-scanline scrolling emulated
- Window layer simulated but with some limitations
- GB sprites, both 8×8 and 8×16, tile-flipping.
- An options screen with plenty of controls to change speed/accuracy, enable/disable features
- Did I mention it was not very fast?