Big news today if you are one of the lucky to have a Miyoo Mini Plus handheld. Onion OS is now available as a beta version for the new retro handheld.
Onion features include:
- Your Onion SD card can be swapped between Miyoo Mini (MM) and Miyoo Mini+ (MMP) freely – credit: @Sichroteph, @ygordreyer
- (MMP) RetroAchievements enabled – credit: @schmurtzm
- Display brightness can go as low as 3%, and the adjustments are now on an exponential curve – credit: @Aemiii91
- Shortcut keys: MENU+VOL UP/VOL DOWN on MMP, and SELECT+L2/R2 on both
- (MMP) Volume is adjusted using a logarithmic curve (giving more natural steps) – credit: @Aemiii91
- Mute toggle: VOL UP+VOL DOWN
- Volume 0 is now actually silent – credit: @mitchchn
- (MMP) Battery percentage much more precise due to new hardware
- (MMP) Temporary “test” apps (these will become part of Tweaks / Package Manager):
- Onion OTA Update – credit: @schmurtzm
- FTP Server – credit: @schmurtzm
- OpenSSH – credit: @schmurtzm
- HTTP File Server (user: admin, pass: admin) – credit: @sa3eedDev
This is a beta release for the Miyoo Mini Plus+ so there are some known bugs and probably a few more unknown ones.
Known Bugs on Onion OS:
- (MMP) To enable wifi features, you need to upgrade the Miyoo Mini+ firmware to 20230326****: Download it here.
- (MM) Multiple “change clicks” can be heard when holding POWER while in MainUI
- (MMP) Wifi icon in MainUI overlaps battery icon / percentage on some themes
Want to learn more about the Miyoo Mini Plus? Check out our Miyoo Mini Plus guide which has everything you need to know and use this amazing handheld!