,

Mega 7800 – Use Master System & Mega Drive controllers on Atari 7800

Posted by

As well as RetroHQ’s announcement of their Atari 7800 GameDrive flash cart, they have also announced their Mega 7800 controller adapter. The Mega 7800 will let you connect your Master System & Mega Drive / Genesis 3 & 6 button controllers and use them with the Atari 7800.

Mega 7800 Front View
Mega 7800 Front View

Mega 7800 features

In addition to controllers it is also compatible with the Master System Light phaser for some light gun action!

The Mega 7800 when used with their 7800 GameDrive can be used together with compatible software to take advantage of the additional buttons on the cartridge. It will also be compatible with the 8BitDo Retro Receiver for the Mega Drive.

One extra great feature is that when used with their flash cart, you can use the additional button to what I think RetroHQ refers to as Save and Loading savestates like you would find on an emulator. If so this is a great idea and we can’t wait to try it!

Release date and price?

No release date just yet, but it will cost only £14.99 which I think is a bargain for the features! Keep an eye on the RetroHQ page for when it will be available.